the labor force
the distribution of wealth
the price level
How could the outcome have been better?
1. Three districts: richland, middleland, poorland. 150,100,50 income.
2. Emperor appoints a secretary of state. Payment 150.
3. Choose the land tenure system: equal ownership of rent, or landlord keeps it?
4. Choose the voting system: by district, or at large?
5. Landlords for richland, middleland
6. Landlords declare their rent.
7. Residents may move.
8. Landlords may change the rent once.
9. Citizens elect a council of 2 and a president.
10. The government enacts rules and taxes.
11. The government appoints tax collectors, police.
12. Residents bid to be bankers and entrepreneurs.
13 Residents choose whether to be in the labor force
Secretary of state and president get paid separately.
Bankers and entrepreneurs earn wages from their enterprise.
Workers will record all their activity as their labor.
14 Workers get paid.
15. Workers pay taxes if any. Workers change money at banks, if they wish.
16. Residents pay rent.
17. Landlords pay taxes or rent, if any.
18. Entrepreneurs buy goods at wholesale. They borrow from the banks.
19. Entrepreneurs sell goods to residents and the government.
20. Entrepreneurs repay loans to banks.
21. Entrepreneurs and banks pay taxes, if any. Government buys more goods.
22. Emperor auctions remaining goods. Residents may keep cash for next time.
23. Discussion. What did you learn? What would you do different?
24. Emperor declares game to be finished.